U.I.L. One-Act Play Clinic
Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Registration FeesPerforming Schools: $100
Registration Closes: Jan. 8, 2021
- Performance (under rehearsal conditions) of one-act play by each school.
- Detailed critique by a UIL Certified Adjudicator immediately following each performance (SFA Director of the School of Theatre, Cleo House).
Preview of the Day:
- Arrive 45 minutes early to Kennedy Auditorium (This is a change from previous years. This building is located near the student center in the middle of campus).
- Performance of One Act Play in Kennedy Auditorium.
- Critique immediately following performance in Kennedy Auditorium.
- Load Out and return to your respective school.
- Changes due to COVID- 19: Due to the pandemic and the implementation of safety precautions, we will not be hosting workshops during our Clinic this year, auditions for rising seniors, and will be limiting the audience members to chaperones with the school and alternates for the U.I.L. Company. With the limit of audience members, we will not be allowing other schools to stay and watch other performances. If you have a student who would like to audition for the SFASU School of Theatre Program, please have them attend one of our “Theatre Days”. More information can be found at this link: https://theatre.sfasu.edu/auditions2.php
PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Note: Enrollment will be limited to six (6) performing schools, with the limitation to the UIL appropriate sized cast, crew and alternates; We will have no observing schools at this Clinic.
Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis when accompanied with check or money order. Once registration is filled, a waiting list will be kept. Refunds will be made to schools if and only if cancellations occur early enough to allow a school on the waiting list to attend and perform and if a tax I.D. or SS# is provided. Absolutely, NO refunds after Friday, January 22, 2021.
Please note: SFA faculty will be on Christmas Holiday Dec. 12-Jan. 5. Confirmation of registration and answers to any inquiries made during that time will be made immediately upon our return.
Send your reservation form with a check or money order payable to SFA School of Theatre to:
School of Theatre, Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 6090, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-6090
Please keep a copy for your files. Festival schedules, maps, hotel information, etc. will be delivered with registration confirmation. Address questions to Jennifer Malmberg at 936.468.1057 or email: email@example.com.