U.I.L. One-Act Play Clinic
Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Registration FeesPerforming Schools: $100
Registration Closes: Jan. 24, 2020
- Performance (under rehearsal conditions) of one-act play by each school.
- Detailed critique by a UIL Certified Adjudicator immediately following each performance (SFA Director of the School of Theatre, Cleo House and TETA Programming Chair, Rachel Harrah).
At least two workshop-demonstrations by SFA faculty and advanced students. Recent topics have included:
- Online Resources for Theatre Sound
- Special Effects Make-Up
- Improvisation & Characterization
- Period Costumes and Stage Movement
- Voice for the Actor
- Lighting Techniques
- Scene Painting Techniques
- Ballroom Dance
- Audition Strategies
- An opportunity to audition for admittance into the SFA School of Theatre and for scholarships. These auditions are required for any students wishing to become theatre majors at SFA. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in signing up for an audition time.
- Schools may attend as observers only, in which case they may see the performances and/or attend the workshops.
PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Note: Enrollment will be limited to eight (8) performing schools, with no limitation on the number of students attending; it is unlikely that we will place a limit on the number of observing schools, but we reserve the right to do so.
Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis when accompanied with check or money order. Once registration is filled, a waiting list will be kept. Refunds will be made to schools if and only if cancellations occur early enough to allow a school on the waiting list to attend and perform and if a tax I.D. or SS# is provided. Absolutely, NO refunds after Friday, February 07, 2020.
Please note: SFA faculty will be on Christmas Holiday Dec. 14-Jan. 14. Confirmation of registration and answers to any inquiries made during that time will be made immediately upon our return.
Send your reservation form with a check or money order payable to SFA School of Theatre to:
School of Theatre, Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 6090, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-6090
Please keep a copy for your files. Festival schedules, maps, hotel information, etc. will be delivered with registration confirmation. Address questions to Jennifer Malmberg at 936.468.1057 or email: email@example.com.